Pougny wind farm is located in Nièvre. It features 11 Enercon E103 wind turbines and was built in two stages:
- the first two wind turbines were erected in 2017
- and the other nine have been producing green electricity since the start of 2019. The wind farm was industrially commissioned on 1stApril 2019.
TERRE & LAC Conseil’s roleTerre & Lac Conseil was involved as Assistant to the Project Owner on the construction of the second part of the farm (9 turbines). Terre & Lac supervised the site and liaised between
- the project owner
- the general contractor (Enercon GMBH)
- the zone’s many land owners and farmers (agricultural plain),
- the local authorities and people
- the departmental council (road use)
Due to its location on farming land with multiple owners, this project involved a number of operators. It took major coordination between site activities and farm work (chemical treatment, irrigation, etc.). Special attention also had to be paid to traffic management (site and farming machines).
The restoration work has now been finalised, the wind farm is operational, and farming activities are in full swing around the wind turbines!
The different key works phases were:
- Earthworks from October 2017 to June 2018
- Casting of foundations from March to May 2018
- Delivery and raising of concrete towers from March to August 2018
- Delivery and raising of nacelles and blades from September to December 2018
- Wiring of wind turbines from October 2018 to February 2019
- Testing of machines from January to March 2019
- Commissioning on 1stApril 2019
- Restoration April-May 2019
Farm fact sheet
11 ENERCON E103 wind turbines Blades 51 metres Hub height 138.5m Blade height 190m Concrete towers, made in France, in Le Meux in Oise Farm operated by: EnerconCO2 prevented 18 tonnes /year Equivalent consumption of 52,000 people (excl. heating)